Replacing coolant temperature sensor BMW engine M51, M52, M52TU, M60, M62, M67
1. On the M51 engine, remove the inlet pipeline (see. Chapter Engine), disconnect the connector and remove the gauge.
2. On the M52 engine sensor located in the front, under the inlet pipeline. Remove the injectors and remove the crankcase ventilation line. Disconnect and remove the sensor.
3. The engine M52TU sensor located under the inlet duct in the cylinder head, close to the cylinder №6. Remove the intake manifold, disconnect the connector and remove the sensor.
4. M60 engine sensor (1) located on the rear side of the surge tank of the engine cooling system. Disconnect and remove the gauge.
5. On the M62 engine valve IAC disconnect the connector and remove the gauge. In the absence of valve IAC coolant temperature sensor is installed in the front part of the pipeline, – remove the vacuum lines, disconnect the connector (2) and remove the gauge.
6. On the M67 engine, remove the disconnect the connector (1) and unclip the wiring harness (2). Remove the sensor by means of a special device.