Removing and installing thermostat. Engine BMW M20
The housing of the thermostat, the thermostat and the O-ring removed.
Proper positioning of the thermostat on the exhaust pipe cooling system for engine M20
Label the arrow should be facing upwards. Bolts tighten to 9 ± 1 Nm
If the engine is warming up for a long time, replace the thermostat. previously
check the fluid level, pump drive belt condition and the condition of the sensor and
The thermostat should also be replaced when the engine is warm the top hose
1. Loosen the clamp and disconnect the hoses from the thermostat pipes.
B. Fluid Temperature Sensor
2. If the thermostat pipe corroded, replace the thermostat.
3. Loosen the bolts and remove the thermostat housing.
4. Remove the thermostat.
5. Remove gasket remnants or remove
gasket thermostat housing.
6. Replace the gasket, install a new thermostat and connect the hose.