Removing and installing rear axle of the BMW 7 E38
1. Remove the exhaust system and its heat-protective screens.
2. Remove the propeller shaft from rear differential (see. Section Removal and installation of the propeller shaft and flexible coupling).
3. Remove and tie to body drive shafts of the left and right wheels (see. Section Removal and installation of power shafts).
4. Support the gearbox jack number 00 2030 number 33 and the device 4390.
5. Remove the bolt.
6. Give nuts on the left and right sides.
At installation use new self-locking nuts.
7. Install in the reverse order. Make sure that the bolt (1) is inserted with the correct side. Finally, check the oil level in the gear unit and adjust the level if necessary.