Removal and installation of collector cooling BMW M60 engine
1. Remove the intake manifold.
2. Remove the engine undertray.
3. Drain the coolant.
4. Disconnect the remote thermometer (1) and the ECM temperature sensor (2, white). Disconnect the mass (3) common to all the coils in the rear lifting eye (4) of the engine.
5. The water valve should be removed for easy access to the collector of the cooling system.
6. Disconnect from a collector all the pipes of the cooling system.
7. Remove the manifold bolts and remove it.
8. Install in the reverse order. Clean the mating surfaces, replace the gaskets and O-rings.