Master cylinder and the brake servo removal and installation BMW 3 E30
Note: It is recommended to replace the removed cylinder new or restored, as in the case of leakage of fluid replacement of the old cylinder parts with new parts from the repair kit
It does not give a positive result. As a rule, the old cylinder is very old, as can be sure, having spent considerable time on its disassembly.
Master cylinder and the brake servo
1. Nutrient tank
2. Stopper tank with a control switch
3, 6. The vacuum hose
5. The check valve (on 325i models)
8. The check valve (on all models except the 325i)
10. pusher Fork
15. The muffler
19. Limit bolt
20. The main cylinder
21. Nuts of fastening of the main cylinder
22. Seals tank
24. The vacuum brake booster
Master cylinder with an attached vacuum booster placed in the left
of the engine compartment.
1. To remove the master cylinder, disconnect the wiring connector (arrow on top), remove the tube
hydraulic drive (lower right arrow), and unscrew the two mounting bolts (lower left arrow).
2. Remove as much brake fluid can be from a tank.
3. Remove the choke tubes hydraulic drive on the master cylinder, immediately
muffle tube and holes. Take the tube side.
4. Disconnect from the master cylinder
connectors, loosen the nuts
cylinder to the vacuum amplifier and remove
cylinder. Remove and replace
the sealing ring (1).
Removal of air from the master cylinder
1. Before installing a new or reconstructed cylinder must be
pump on a special machine. To do this, secure the cylinder in a vice through
the pad (otherwise the cylinder may break!).
2. Install the plug threaded into the holes and pipes fittings hydraulic drive
slightly tighten them, so that through them the air is not passed.
3. Fill the reservoir with brake fluid of the recommended type.
4. Remove one of the caps and enter the piston in the cylinder, pushing it
screwdriver to remove the air.
5. While holding the plunger, tighten the plug.
6. Repeat the procedure until the holes of the fitting starts
brake fluid to flow without any air bubbles. Always top up
the brake fluid in the master cylinder reservoir.
7. In order to accelerate the pre-cylinder pumping procedure can drown
hole for fitting with your finger, but tighten the plug at the end of the procedure and
Repeat the procedure on the other hole.
1. Install the master cylinder (with a new O-ring) and
tighten by hand nuts.
2. Wrap the nozzle tubes hydraulic drive, without making much effort.
3. Tighten all fitting and nuts with the set moment.
4. Fill the master cylinder fluid, then bleed it (if
Pre-pumping is not performed), bleed the entire hydraulic drive.
5. When the cylinder pumping car, ask the assistant to press a few
once the pedal and hold it down. Release fitting to
to withdraw air and fluid, then tighten. Repeat the procedure for both
fittings until the brake fluid is not air bubbles disappear.
Check the brakes before the car operation.